Thursday, October 28, 2010

People should remind me that I have a blog.

I should really change the name of this blog from "Everyday Pointless Ramblings." to "Sporadically Updated Pointless Ramblings." I was inspired to also post when I saw on Chris' MSN that he just posted. So how have we all been since March 21st, seeing as that was the last time I posted? Hopefully as well as me.

I tell you all something - uni keeps one very busy. So busy in fact that one rarely has time to do anything fun at all. So people - as much as I love my degree, don't do a health science/medical course. It exhausts you almost to the point of no return. I don't know how I'm still functioning with the little sleep I get from trying to balance my study and something that might possibly resemble a social life if you turn your head and squint really hard. So pick something easier and do yourselves a favour - like acting or something. Those acting kids seem to never have any work to do...

Speaking of social lives (or better said lack thereof) let me tell you something else to never start doing: internet dating. In all seriousness I signed up for eHarmony as a joke with a couple of friends and this escalated exponentially. We then also signed up for Plenty Of Fish and Oasis Active and I now have more men after me than I can poke a stick at and some of the guys are just real creeps and I don't know how to delete the accounts. It's really driving me insane. Don't ever sign up for it.

So the uni year is finally over and I've suffered through six exams in ten days. I am thoroughly stuffed and cannot wait to get home. I think I did fairly well but I know that I failed one or two of the exams at least. Chemistry and I were never good friends and although our relationship improved last semester we've now gone downhill and we'll probably not be on good terms ever again. Chem has just been so abusive to me lately - I think I should file a domestic violence complaint. The same goes for most of my other suitors, too. Like for instance Physiological Sciences 1 was mistreating me last semester and then we reached an agreement and calmed down and then came back with a vengeance during the exam. Scientific Statistics is one hell of complicated individual. One minute you think you understand all the formulas and such and then a question gets thrown out there and you're completely stumped. A subject I would rather leave behind though it will probably come back to complicate my life further. Applied Legal Studies (Forensics), Physiological Sciences 2 and Microbiology are all fairly nice to me and sometimes we border on flirty behaviour. On occasion it goes a little too far and we just get all complicated again because they want commitment and I'm just not ready for it.

So I say it again: DO NOT take a medical/health related uni course. It will be your death.

On a completely random note I have had the worst craving for watching all twelve seasons of Law & Order: SVU. The downside is that I have none. I've also been getting back into Sanctuary and I have now become a massive fan of Amanda Tapping.

I think that is going to be all for now. Seriously now though if people want me to keep posting on this thing you should all remind me that I have this blog and that I should update.
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment