Sunday, March 21, 2010

So yeah, it's been a while...

I can't maintain blogs. Seriously, I must have close to 10 of them and maybe visit one or two on the odd occasion when I really, really have nothing better to do. Like today. I submitted my Stats assignment already, ran out of comments to make on Facebook, ran out of things to do on FarmVille and now I'm here. I think I might be nice though to keep this up to date, people can read it and listen to me rabbit on about uni life and such.

Speaking of uni life: it's pretty cool. I don't have to go to lectures if I don't want to but its generally advisable because you don't learn things if you don't go to lectures. But the exciting part is that I don't have to go and if I don't go I don't need a note to say why I wasn't there. Man, uni is so much better than high school. Don't not go to uni, kids. And if you do go to uni don't go where all your friends are going - go to a place where you meet all new people. Sure it might be easier to just live at home whilst studying because Mum and Dad are there and you don't have to do shit all, but you never learn that way. Sure I'm sad to not see my friends pretty much at all anymore but I've met people here in Wagga that are almost as awesome as those people I left behind. I don't know them so well yet but with a uni like CSU kids come from all over the state without knowing anybody. Everybody's pretty much in the same metaphorical boat.

The thing is, you're bound to find somebody somewhere along the line that will become a new close friend of yours. And even if you're not best friends with someone straight away it's not so awful because there's others that are willing to have you tag along with them to wherever because they take pity on you. Also being thrown in the deep end isn't so bad. You learn to fend for yourself if you're one to rely on others. That scared the shit out of me when coming to uni. God forbid I'd have to do things on my own - take initiative and not hide behind my friends, my parents or whatever.

This way you also learn who your real friends are because the ones who you used to talk to everyday may not be the ones you talk to every day at uni. I'm glad I picked to go to Wagga. The uni is great and the people are amazing. I live with a bunch of the craziest people and it's totally alright with me. I really wouldn't have uni life any other way.
Nina

2 comments:

  1. As I read this the inspirational Biggest Loser music was playing. It made it that much more amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Sounds good. And yes update these posts more. I want to read.

    ReplyDelete